Finally Free 4 Him

The place to pursue the pathway to true spiritual wholeness through the absolute truths of the Word of God as applied in practical terms.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Friday, May 19, 2006

Who are you?

Careful! Don't be too hasty in answering that question. I am not asking who you want to be. I am not asking whom you are currently impersonating. I am asking, who are you? Hey, it's possible that you don't know. Even if you are a child of God you may not know.

What I am getting at today is the proposal to do away with the false self. Most of us are masters at operating in the false self. We do so because we fear that no one would like the real self if they truly knew us as we truly are. So, we live out of the false self until the facade falls, usually when we are found out for our acting out. Then what? Chances are we get more confused about our true self.

How about if we go back to what Paul said about this matter in I Corinthians 15:10..."But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." He said this just after he proclaimed his unworthiness, thus demonstrating how he was operating from his true self.

Good grief! Why are we such posers? Christ died for our sins, made us His children, guaranteed an incorruptible inheritance for us in heaven, gave a mandate of how to live according to His purpose, indwelt us with His Spirit, showed us the way with His Word, etc. What more do we need? For cying out loud, we are children of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!

Yes, I know the root of our posing--FEAR! But remember, God has not given us the spirit of fear. Rather He has given us the spirit of power, love, and a sound (healthy) mind. Let's live in the true self operating on these truths. THEN we will truly know who we are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home